BODY SEALING SYSTEMS
Hutchinson designs and manufactures car body sealing solutions for the automotive market that provide its car maker clients with the means to make their vehicle a comfortable and high-performance space protected from outside nuisances.
Comfort, silence and performance
The technical expertise which makes all the difference
Hutchinson is particularly appreciated by its clients for its extensive technical expertise. Through its Research Center, Hutchinson can offer:
• Extremely high-performance calculating capacities for acoustics, hardness of door closures, dynamic behavior and more. All of it matched with measurement and test facilities unrivaled anywhere.
• Product innovations such as reticulated polyethylene, hidden door slides in thermoplastic, robot installed door seals, and process innovations such as integrated cells, high throughput transfer cutting machines and Hutchinson flocking units.
• Highly developed skills in materials such as rubber blends and also glazes and adhesives that complement the skills of the thermoplastics group with the VEGAPRENE® line.
A flawless organization
Hutchinson also provides a faultless organization for these complex products that must be adapted to variable sheet metal environments:
• During the developmental phase, project teams use a highly structured approach, ensuring that timetables and schedules are kept to and that clients are provided with the best tailored support, relying on centers of expertise and a central design office equipped with the very latest CAD tools.
• Meanwhile, the production system employs the very finest lean-manufacturing techniques such as Hoshin planning, red-green analysis, SMED, intense involvement by operators implying direct contact with clients and more.